Karen Thomas Blog

Karen Thomas Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011


Hello everyone!! I have been meaning to start a blog since Adalyn was born but I have not had time! So let me catch you up!
Adalyn Grace Thomas
6 pounds 12 1/2 ounces
19 1/4 inches long
Born at 11:23 p.m.
We decided to induce because we were told she was going to be a "BIG" baby!! We went in Monday August 8th at 8:00 pm. to get started on the induction. We spent the night in the hospital and they brok my water on August 9 at 10:00 a.m. The didn't start the pitocin until early afternoon due to be having a reaction to the epidural. I was have cold sweats and chills all over and had anxiety about it all! After the epidural wore down they started the pitocin and I was only a 2-3 dilated at this time. We were in for a long day but had plenty of visiters! Ashley and Dustin's mom were the first to come by that day (I think-its all a little hazy now;)) then my sister Amy and my mom showed up. Next I believe Amber and Derrick, Rick and Jordan, and my dad all were patiently waiting on miss Adalyn to arrive. We hung out in our room and watch friends. (daddy kept trying to put in a movie but I wanted to watch the episodes of friends).
I started to progress up to a 5 and then 7:00 pm shift changed for nures. The new nurse came in and turned the pitocin down. This did not make me happy because I felt I was progessing so well! She slowly started turning it back up and by 9:30 pm I was at a 7. The nurse came in and told me the doctor was on her way to discuss options. At this point I was so scared they were going to start discussing c-section options. About an hour later they doctor was not there yet but I was at a 10!!! Oh my! During that hour from 9:30-10:30 they had to put me in all crazy posistions to help Adalyn drop where she needed to go (this was not comforable and I only write this because I want to remember that part!!!) at 10:30 p.m. the nurse came in check me (I was a 10) and said okay its time to start pushing! I was like wait what???? I was just a 7 not very long ago!!! I will have you know that the epidural had worn off by now but they didn't have time to come give me another epidural. So here we went pushing time! (I will spare you the fun and excitement and pain of this part). So about 10:45 p.m. the doctor finally showed up and popped her head in to say hello and see how things were going and then she stepped back out; then again about 11:15 she popped back in reported she had an emergancy and asked the nurse if I could wait or if it was time now. I told her it was time now and I would not wait!! She said okay you have 5 min to get this baby out! I said lets do it! Adalyn arrived at 11:23 p.m. and when the layed her on my chest I thought, "oh what is this! lol" Dustin cut the cord and they took Adalyn to the other side of the room to clean her up! Daddy followed to take pictures and since I had torn to a 2 the doctor begain to stitch me up. Why she was stitching me I was telling her how bad what she was doing hurt and she was like you feel all this. I said yes and I also felt the part of pushing and everything. The best part of the delievery was the nurses and doctor let me lead and push when I felt it was time! Once I got the hang of what I was doing it went much quicker! And then they handed her to me for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment